Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Lighting Thief


The Lighting Thief by Rick Roadan is a suspenseful book about a 2 children around the age of 12 and a satyr (half man and half goat) who travels the U.S with trains, buses, and car all to be used to go to Hollywood.  While they go to Hollywood they are slowed down by the god of war named Ares.  Also stopped by a monster named Medusa  Percy goes for his mother and not for the lighting bolt that Poseidon was accused of taking. Percy is still scared because he scared of his mother not belong at Hades place because before Percy join camp half blood he got attack by a Minotaur who disinigrate Percy’s mom and sent her to the underworld. Percy is scared of facing the truth of losing his mother. I can relate to Percy on how he thinks he could lose his mother.

One way I relate to Percy is my mom goes outside at night to see my aunt and uncle because they have a new baby. I feel really scared because she always comes back late which make me think did she get kidnapped or anything else like die. I think Percy also feels the same way I do and he scared and he want everything to be over with. I am also scared to see the truth. If I find out my mom or dad dies it will destroy my heart and I will die.

Another way me and Percy can relate is that Percy has a dad who just wants to throw Percy in the garbage and a mother who just wants hug him until she can’t feel her arms. I have a dad and mom who love me and will love me no matter what. It’s not the same as the dad situation but it is with the mom. But if I had a dad who want to kick me out of my house I problem just leave the house with my mom. But I feel bad for people who don’t have a mother or a father and they live in like a orphanage they have nothing except friends but it not the real thing.

In conclusion, me and Percy can relate to each other he really love his mother and if he problem knew his dad I think he problem like his dad just like how he like his mom. If Percy loses his mom he would problem die and I problem would do the same thing.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could tell that you feel strongly about your mother...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a very strong beginning, and I really liked you ending and personal connection

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niceeee, I read this book a long time ago but I also thought it was wierd how the dad didn't really care about Percy....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow enjam I really liked the way that you showed how both you and percy both connect. Another thing I think is that you are right sometimes parents do feel that way about children. Great work.

    ReplyDelete